How to use Windows DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool to add packages and third party drivers to WIM images? This example show how to create a custom Windows PE image using Windows AIK 3.0.
To get more information about the mountable wim file use the commands: dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:c:\winpe_x86\winpe.wim and dism /get-mountedwiminfo
Customize the mounted winpe.wim image to add Windows PE packages and custom drivers. To add package use the command: dism /image:c:\winpe_x86\mount /add-package /packagepath:"C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\WinPE_FPs\winpe-hta.cab" where winpe-hta.cab can be changed. See the list of available packages to use in Windows Pre-installation Environment. Use command dism /image:c:\winpe_x86\mount /get-packages to verify and list added packages.
Windows PE 3 Package Description
USE approproate package to add ja-JP, ko-KR, zh-CN, zh-HK, and zh-TW support.
Adds HTML application support.
Adds legacy setup support.
Adds Microsoft Data Access component support.
Adds PPPoE (Point-to-Point protocol over Ethernet) support.
Adds support for the Windows Scripting Host (WSH). This can be used to execute script files.
Adds setup features.
Adds client features of the setup support.
Adds server features of the setup support.
Adds the Windows Deployment Services tools package.
Adds support for Windows Management Instrumentation.
To add third-party custom drivers into the winpe.wim image use the command Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /Add-Driver /driver:C:\drivers\ where c:\drivers is the folder of your custom drivers.
Add all drivers from a top level folder and its subfolders:
Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /add-driver /driver:C:\drivers /recurse
Add a single specific driver:
Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /add-driver /driver:C:\drivers\drivername.inf
Add unsigned driver:
Dism /image:C:\winpe_x86\mount /add-driver /driver:C:\drivers\drivername.inf /ForceUnsigned
- How to use Windows 7 Sysprep PersistAllDeviceInstalls Unattend Feature?
- How to Use DISM to Add Packages to Custom WinPE or WIM Images?
- How to Create Windows 7 Unattended (Autounattend.xml) Installation?
- How to Create Windows PE Image?
- How to Use Diskpart CLI to create a VHD disk?
- How to Prevent USB Devices and Disable USB Ports?
- How to Install and Boot Windows 7 from VHD?
- How to Create a Bootable WinPE USB Drive?
- How to Remove Windows System Restore Points?
- How to Disable Write Access With Removable Media Policy?